In order to maintain the elegance and beauty of your hand carved marble sculpture or fountain, proper care and cleaning is typically required one to three times a year depending on the application of your marble sculpture. Below are basic steps for keeping your marble sculpture looking its best.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of mild dish detergent or stone cleaner and 1 gallon of warm water to a bucket.
- Dip a sponge or cloth into the soapy water and wipe over the marble statue. Rinse the sponge or cloth in the bucket often.
- Rinse the marble statue thoroughly to remove any residue and dry it with a towel.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with enough baking soda or powdered clay to make a thick paste.
- Apply a thick layer of poultice to any stained areas with a plastic knife or spatula. Cover the area with plastic wrap and tape it into place. Allow the poultice to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and check to see if the poultice is dry. If not, replace the plastic wrap and allow it to dry for another 24 hours. When the poultice is completely dry, scrape it away from the marble statue with the plastic knife or spatula.
- Rinse any poultice residue from the marble statue and dry it with towel.